117 Sigourney Street
This building has several distinctions: it was the first piece of the old Pliny Jewell Estate to be subdivided and developed, and it may have been the first apartment building built in Asylum Hill. Dunn & Waterman, who briefly owned the Jewell Estate, carved off the driveway onto Sigourney Street to build this three-family in 1913. If it isn't the first apartment building in the neighborhood, it's certainly part of Asylum Hill's transformation from homeownership to rentals. Over the years, it was subdivided into 15 units before Aetna skinnied it down to 6, at which point it became part of the CIty's Lead Safe Homes program. NINA restored it to its original footprint, with the only difference being that it is owner-occupied.